$1,000 Binoculars

COBigJohn

Ok, its April 2022 and I am shopping for some hunting binoculars. 8x isn't enough and I think 12x will be a little to jittery for me, so I am going with 10x. My budget is $1,000. (No, I am not spending $2k on Swarovski's)

I was looking hard at Zeiss Conquest or Leica Trinovid HD or Vortex Razor HD.

Then I stumbled upon some reviews of the Leupold BX-4 Pro Guide HD.

Everywhere I search the Leupold's at $600 are compared side by side with the $1k Bino's above and stand toe to toe. Of course, I am concerned what I have read is just "marketing" and would like some real, first-hand experience.

Thanks for your opinions.

By the way, I am buying local and paying cash. The four above are available locally.

I bought the 16X Sigs with stabilization....
Glass isn't the best...but once there's a little light showing clarity greatly improves......
They say don't look thru binos while in a car....well....with these you can see decent at 80mph......as a passenger......'haven't tried them while driving.....yet.....

Meopta is worth checking out at this price point as well. I had some MeoPros which I really liked and performed well before I made the upgrade to Swarovski. Looks like their current MeoPro Air and even some of the more premium MeoStar options are right in this price bracket.

Ok, its April 2022 and I am shopping for some hunting binoculars. 8x isn't enough and I think 12x will be a little to jittery for me, so I am going with 10x. My budget is $1,000. (No, I am not spending $2k on Swarovski's)

I was looking hard at Zeiss Conquest or Leica Trinovid HD or Vortex Razor HD.

Then I stumbled upon some reviews of the Leupold BX-4 Pro Guide HD.

Everywhere I search the Leupold's at $600 are compared side by side with the $1k Bino's above and stand toe to toe. Of course, I am concerned what I have read is just "marketing" and would like some real, first-hand experience.

Thanks for your opinions.

By the way, I am buying local and paying cash. The four above are available locally.

I have the Leupold BX-4 pro guide and I love them. They definitely are worth the money if you ask me but everyone's eyes are different.

I now know two individuals now who have bought the Leupolds and been unhappy with them. Both ended up selling them at a loss. One ended up buying Leicas and the other went with the Vortex Viper HD. Both of them claim the glass and clarity is better in the binoculars that they chose versus the Leupolds. YMMV