09 Suppressed White Tail VIDEO

c_bass16

YouTube - WestRiverDeer09

Been trying to find a nice deer to shoot archery for about 2 months now and have seen some dandy's and a lot that just don't measure up. Decided that with it being the last weekend of rifle season (and still 6 weeks of archery) I better get out the boom stick.
Cousin that I hunt with in Southwestern South Dakota is getting some HUGE mule deer going and planning to start offering guided hunts, so it's time to start to weed out the management deer. I was happy to oblige. Saw this big mature 3x3 white tail from about 800m before dark on Friday and decided it was a weed that needed to be pulled.
Made a stalk across the open country and found a little gopher mound 397m away to get my gun up above the grass...gave him a good look and one last sniff of doe Va-J-J before PSST!..SMACK!
Slipped the 75gr VMAX right into the top of his back between the shoulder blades as he lowering his head. Down like a 250lbs bag of spit. Doe turned around to see what the heck happened, felt something wasnt right, trotted another 20-30m before wondering why her lover wasn't following anymore...Coming back to look was a bad idea. 425m...PSST!...SMACK. Right in the sternum and out the far side lung. Trotted about 50 feet before passing out from blood loss. Tried getting back up and tipped over in a puddle of bloody foam.

24" AR.243WSSM
YHM 7.62 Phantom QD
75gr VMAX 3200fps
Bushnell Elete 1500
iTouch w KAC BulletFlight 3.0

DSC06268.jpg

DSC06272.jpg

DSC06274.jpg

Last edited:
Great flick ! Extremely enjoyable and nice to know someone else who is a fan of dramatic soundtracks !

Dont they just make it !

Love the look of the AR... aghhhh if only they were legal in Australia. Very mil spec looking. I love it !

Cheers

DUH

Nice post. I just put together an iTouch, with the KAC soft ware, in an otter case. It seems to work well although I haven't tried it in the field yet. What do you think of it so far?

Gordon
Niceville, FL

Nice post. I just put together an iTouch, with the KAC soft ware, in an otter case. It seems to work well although I haven't tried it in the field yet. What do you think of it so far?

Gordon
Niceville, FL

I LOVE the iTouch and BulletFlight. BUT, the Ballistic FTE might be as good or better. I have the basics put on my scope cap so i dont even really need it unless the wind is doing strange things or I am not comfortable with my range.
Here is the custom scope cap sticker i built and then just wrote in my info off of BulletFlight.
Oh, and on a side note...i am trying to WIN an iTouch through the KAC BulletFlight Contest because mine got JACKED and I am superbly fired up about it. It was a birthday present in October and its already gone. The one i used while hunting belongs to my cousin.

ScopeCaps.jpg

Very nice rig, and very nice buck, even though it is only a 6 pointer, it is very big bodied and his tines are nice, tall and thick. Congratulations. Nice video.
Thanks for sharing.

Last edited:
Very interesting post.

I would think that 243WSSM 24" rifle with 48 gr Re17 could push that 75 gr Vmax bullet at 3650 fps and hit the deer at 400 yards with 2400 fps.
Yet the post says 3200 fps.
If the bullet did leave the muzzle at 3200 fps, it would hit at 2066 fps, which still makes a thin skinned bullet open fast.

My 21" 6mmBR can push the same bullet more than 3200 fps with 33 gr powder.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.