0 scope base canted?

RangerBrad

Hey fellas, got my order in from midwayusa and recieved my EGW 0 MOA HD base for winchester model 70 however, it is plain to see that this base has an obvious cant towards the front of the base. Is this common for this model or did they mismark a 20moa base? Thoughts please. Thank's, Brad

Depending on your action, it may be thicker in the back for the flat, than the curve in the front of the action. The back of the action with a flat sits a little lower than the front of the action.

Tank

Hey fellas, got my order in from midwayusa and recieved my EGW 0 MOA HD base for winchester model 70 however, it is plain to see that this base has an obvious cant towards the front of the base. Is this common for this model or did they mismark a 20moa base? Thoughts please. Thank's, Brad
Sounds like a mismarked base to me.

I have one that should be here Mon/Tues though and I can look at it and tell you. gun)

Ahh I see now. Never mind. I also recall though that there's a slight difference in some of the M-70's as far as bolt hole alignment so be sure and check that by putting the farthest outside bolts in firs, snug them down a little and see if the others will align properly.

Winchester made a slight change in the bolt pattern at some point but I can't remember just when.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.