0-600yrds target caliber

In 6.5, you really need the 06 case or PRC case to power the big 6.5's.
To get to 600 yard targets?!
I'm thinking a medium to lower case capacity 6mm. Efficient, low recoil, cheaper to shoot and easier on barrels. I like the versatility of my 6XC, as well as the out of the box Norma brass… but one of the BR variants would do a great job paired with varget, or the dasher/GT/XC with 4350 type powders.

I'm not wanting to derail the OP's thread but, there are a ton of posts with good thoughts in them from a lot of different perspectives.

The 6BR derivatives seem super accurate but, their small case capacities seem to have some limits when you move beyond punching paper targets.

The 6mm CM seems to be popular because of the 6.5CM.

How does the 6mm ARC, 6GT, and 6XC fit into the mix?

Assuming you are like the OP and want an accurate 600-yard cartridge for target shooting but, also want the same cartridge to work against feral hogs and during deer season, do any of these have a distinctive advantage?

I have a 308W Remington PSS I'm considering as a donor.

If you were to read the first post in this thread, the OP was looking for a target specific rifle, not one to deer hunt with, so your reply has absolutely no value to the OP.

That answer is like giving an answer of "The lake is frozen" when someone asks "Is the sky cloudy today"?
Perhaps someone hasn't had their daily dose of sunshine? I read the OP which interested me. I was perusing the replies and noticed someone had suggested a 250 AI as caliber choice. The OP was looking for caliber suggestions as far as I could get in English. My wife has a rifle in 250 AI so I mentioned that. I was asked what discipline my wife shoots. Well anyone that's been around rifles for a minute knows that you don't shoot targets competitively with a Savage 99. My rifle does shoot deer though. Then SOMEONE decided to get all snippity about a caliber and rifle I like and kinda detracts from the whole point of the post. Go get some sunshine MR TROLL

My next rifle will be a target dedicated built so no need tto have hunting in mind. Im well serve with what I have to hunt.

Hi everyone,
Im looking to have a new built on a rem 700 short action that I got.
Rifle will ne use for 600yrds range target.

Have a 284win, 7mm rem mag, 7mmm08, 2 308, one will give is action.

As you see im a 7mm fan and with the rem mag im well equiped for long range hunting.

I do think solding one 308 and go full custom but I like to use what I got at home.

Im looking at the 6mm dasher but im open to any idea.

I dont mind single feeding my rifle.
for 1 to 600 yards a 223 remington is a great choice, particularly sence you ave larher calibers all ready low recoil, easy economical loader. get it with 1 :6.5 twist and soot 75 to 90 rain pills. te 75 grainer ave almost same balistics as a 6.5 cm. out to 1000 yrdd, shoots well to 1100 yards

Hi everyone,
Im looking to have a new built on a rem 700 short action that I got.
Rifle will ne use for 600yrds range target.

Have a 284win, 7mm rem mag, 7mmm08, 2 308, one will give is action.

As you see im a 7mm fan and with the rem mag im well equiped for long range hunting.

I do think solding one 308 and go full custom but I like to use what I got at home.

Im looking at the 6mm dasher but im open to any idea.

I dont mind single feeding my rifle.
6.5 Creedmoor.
Inherently accurate. multiple different loads you can make. It does not blow out your barrel after 1000 rounds. If you want a 25 pound gun and spend 30,000 go for one of the target beasts like a 6 mm Creedmoor or the new 6mm GT

6.5 Creedmoor.
Inherently accurate. multiple different loads you can make. It does not blow out your barrel after 1000 rounds. If you want a 25 pound gun and spend 30,000 go for one of the target beasts like a 6 mm Creedmoor or the new 6mm GT
image.jpg

223 rem keep comming in the suggestions so wil look at it to.
I think you'll really like the .223 Rem in that type of shooting... 600-yards. Here's the one I have which on a nice day doubles for one of my 1K rifles and does a great job if I do my part. Custom Rem700 with 26.5" 1-8 twist Krieger match barrel

Rem 700 LR .223 Rem 2  (1).jpg