0-600yrds target caliber

I have a 6 Xc , 6GT and a 6 BRA. Any of those will fill your needs out to 1000 yards. My 6 BRA has necks that need to be turned ; so I am shooting more with the 6 GT.

Hi everyone,
Im looking to have a new built on a rem 700 short action that I got.
Rifle will ne use for 600yrds range target.

Have a 284win, 7mm rem mag, 7mmm08, 2 308, one will give is action.

As you see im a 7mm fan and with the rem mag im well equiped for long range hunting.

I do think solding one 308 and go full custom but I like to use what I got at home.

Im looking at the 6mm dasher but im open to any idea.

I dont mind single feeding my rifle.
6 XC

6.5 CM - abundant brass, large or small primers, large selection good 6.5 mm bullets, good ballistics, & good barrel life. The 7-08, .308's would be a logical source.

Hi everyone,

As you see im a 7mm fan and with the rem mag im well equiped for long range hunting.

I do think solding one 308 and go full custom but I like to use what I got at home.

Lot's of good ones out there, my money be on 6XC I have one and it's a monster at 600 yards. But my favorite 600-yard rifle would be my .223 Rem with 1-8 twist using 80gr Sierra MK or Bergers VLD... but... I imagine you have a .470 +/- bolt face.

Got one 308 and à 284win custom, all my other rifle are tune up but no custom so whant a custom, from my remington action, to do 0 to 600yrds in something else

Lot's of good ones out there, my money be on 6XC I have one and it's a monster at 600 yards. But my favorite 600-yard rifle would be my .223 Rem with 1-8 twist using 80gr Sierra MK or Bergers VLD... but... I imagine you have a .470 +/- bolt face.
Yup got the 308 bolt face.... maybe should look for a savage action some day

Hi everyone,

The 6mm are the hot group to follow and they do hold some very tight groups. I prefer the 6.5's, currently the 6.5 x 284 out to 1,000 and I have used it at a 300 yard range and won. If I started a build might look at the 6.5 dasher or what you feel would work for you.

Hi everyone,

6.5 prc for hunting med sized (300 and under) at 600 and 6×47 for target and small deer size at 600

WHY do so many PRS competitors use 6 mm cartridges? Because the have LESS RECOIL and can stay on target to see their hits.
My Little Bastard muzzle brake helps me stay on target with my 6.5 Creedmoor Ruger Precision Rifle. But a 6.5 PRC would help even more.

7mm Rem. mag.?? WAY too much recoil both from a punishment factor and from inability to stay target.