0-300yrds hunthing

I also stated that a bit wrong when I said more. I meant slightly more like 20fps.
A friend of mine shoots a Swede for his main rifle and I always laugh when creed guys talk about how great of round they have not knowing anything about how the Swede had been doing it for so many years.
Same as when guys say the 7mm-08 is great for such and such game but the creed is a piece of crap. They are close enough to not matter.
As for the OP I would still fly with the 7mm-08 with a lighter hammer bullet 2-3" high at 100 and be good to 300 without any issues

I'm another proponent for the 7mm-08 at those distances. I have mine running the 150 ELD-X just over 2900 fps with 46 grains of Re17.
The 7x57 has been one of my favorites for many years loaded with the 140 gr partition neck and neck too the 7-08 but there is no denying the 284 win and 280 rem especially the 280 ai is a more versatile cartridge I have the 7x57 284 win and 280 rem they all are great but if your choosing between the 7-08 and 284 or 280 and your a hand loader I would go with the 284 or 280 -280ai factory offerings might lean towards the 7-08 the 280 ai is giving the 7 mag a run for its money with less recoil and powder look on the Hammer bullet reloading data Steve one of the owners is getting well over 3200fps with a 22in barrel with 140s or 143s the 280ai is a great cartridge deer and elk at reasonable ranges good luck on your decision

The 7x57 has been one of my favorites for many years loaded with the 140 gr partition neck and neck too the 7-08 but there is no denying the 284 win and 280 rem especially the 280 ai is a more versatile cartridge I have the 7x57 284 win and 280 rem they all are great but if your choosing between the 7-08 and 284 or 280 and your a hand loader I would go with the 284 or 280 -280ai factory offerings might lean towards the 7-08 the 280 ai is giving the 7 mag a run for its money with less recoil and powder look on the Hammer bullet reloading data Steve one of the owners is getting well over 3200fps with a 22in barrel with 140s or 143s the 280ai is a great cartridge deer and elk at reasonable ranges good luck on your decision
I agree with you, my favorite is my 7mm Rem Mag with the 175's. But with the 7mm-08 in the 0-300 yards range that the OP stated with minimal recoil it's hard to beat the 7-08. I found a lower node with the 150 ELD-X that my kids shoot with this same rifle that is very forgiving as far a recoil. But you can do this with most 7mm's.

Your op name being 284 win would be my assumption you might have 284 win if so and you load for it with busing dies you can bushing down for the 6.5-284 or 25 284 and might be able too use the same seat my competition 284 die works great on the smaller 284 parent case variables so the 6.5-284 might be the ticket no expense on dies
I got one for competition and have full lenght non bushing die. Might my 308 re barrel

Hi everyone, 300yrds is not longerange but I juste realise Im getting old and whant a light rifle to carry around on fine hunting. Got what I need for the longer shot.

Game will be white tail deer up to moose.

Dont whant to use a break on the rifle so thinking on light caliber.

I got die to load for 284win, 7mm08 but thinking about 270win and 243win too....

What will be your choice? Im open to other caliber too
Well of your choices above the only one that I would rule out, and not because it could not kill Elk or Moose is the .243. The little bullet can wreak havoc once it is inside the boiler room but to my way of thinking does not have enough downrange energy for anything larger than deer size animals. My choice in this situation would be a Tikka T3X in .270. Much lighter recoil than any of the magnums, proven accuracy especially in the
Tikka's and good velocity and energy out to about 600 yards if you care to shoot that far. My preference for hunting is nothing over 300 yard but that seems to cause some consternation among the folks here. Another plus for the .270 is ammunition is, under normal conditions available just about everywhere. It actually is back in stock at many outlets as of late unlike many of the other calibers. Good Luck and Good Hunting.

Tikka T3's were made in .338 Federal for a while but they stopped. I bought one for my wife who is a small person and she used it for everything for years. She wouldn't take a shot over 300 yards either. I loaded the 160 Barnes for deer and the 185 for moose and elk and she had no problem with the recoil. It was a nice rig and as close to an all around rifle for less than long range as it gets.

When I ordered my Browning Mountain Ti, I decided on 7mm WSM rather than the 7mm -08. I figured I could always download the WSM, and that is what I've done. The rifle weighs 6.5 lbs. with light sling and scope. It is a joy to carry in the mountains. The recoil with factory rounds is substantial, but my loads with 168 Berger VLDs @ 2850 are pleasant. I've used the same load for everything from javelina to elk.

I'm kind of in the same boat as you. I have a .243 that I'm in the process of re-barreling to .308 because it did not perform as well as I would like on a doe I shot last season. Don't get me wrong, the .243 is an enjoyable cartridge to shoot but even for a cartridge under 300 yards I prefer one that will kill quickly with authority and not just adequately. I will stick with 30-06, .270 and .308, but the one I'm taking to the woods for whitetails tomorrow and most days is the .270. Nobody can go wrong with any of those in my opinion and if needed recoil is easily managed by using say a 125 or 130 grain bullet vs. 150 or higher.

Tc venture in 30-06.
Very accurate, light weight and you can get it for about 500$ if you drop it off a mountain it won't sting as bad.

My personal choice for moose in Alaska is 270win, with 130 gmx bullet. I will always stay away from front shoulder on entry ( don't like blood shot meat). I will wait for the right shot opportunity to present itself on moose behind the front shoulder. 0-300 it will punch thru front shoulder just lot of bloodshot meat.