“Premium” powder?

Calvin45

Just a question, honest question...what is "premium" powder? When a company's premium ammunition says "premium primers, powder, and brass" I understand that match primers are a thing and cases can be sorted by weight so as to be more uniform within a given lot of ammo, but what on earth is premium powder? I suspect marketing and nothing more, very eager to be proved wrong.

Not what I had in mind at all but thanks for a good laugh guys. Humour is important in these times when everything's so serious. I too have heard of this premium powder from Columbia, apparently it also manufactured in a neighbouring country where it is known as "Bolivian marching powder". Probably easier to find than Reloader 26!!!!!!!!

I think "premium" refers to the price, more so up here in Canada.:(
Fellow Canadian, unfortunately I think bs marketing markups are a universal, international phenomena. It's one of many reasons I got into handloading. Buying premium projectiles and rolling your own really exposes how much of an absolute killing the manufacturers of "premium" ammo are making compared to standard.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.