“Notify Me When in Stock” Feature Online Retailers?

I wonder if the employees are getting first dibs or there is some collusion between employees and their friends and family to buy and then sell for a quick profit.

I've got several "notify me when in stock" alerts for Midway and other online retailers for reloading supplies. Have you all had any luck with this feature grabbing hard to get items?
Yes, 4-5 times. Once notified though the notification needs to be created again by you even if you didn't make a purchase. I got N570, CCI 200, and both Berger 6.5 140 and 156 bullets this way. All from Midway.

Some, like Buds gunshop will give you a day to purchase the Item before handing off to the next person (s) on the waiting list. At least that's what the email they sent me said.

I wish there was a way to do it for these forums.

I always see the email the morning after and kick myself for not seeing it when someone posts some stock.

I think things are so in demand and we have so many people watching the sites that high demand items sell out fast, faster than we react most of the time. I scored a couple items this past week but that's not the norm, usually when I get the alert the item is gone. I don't see that changing for awhile. I've rounded up what I need. I think primers are the hardest item to snag, might be awhile before that changes.

I've got several "notify me when in stock" alerts for Midway and other online retailers for reloading supplies. Have you all had any luck with this feature grabbing hard to get items?
Not here. Got one yesterday from Midway. Clicked on it as soon as it came in Tried to put it in my cart said out of stock.

I've been able to make 2 ammo purchases in 2 attempts based on the notifications. This is loaded ammo, though, not components.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.