“Hammered” a big ol’ Muley!

Thank you guys for all the congrats!!! I appreciate you all very much 🤘. Got 3rd season Colorado mule deer up next. Packing in again, for a 7 day hunt, as long as the weather permits and there's actually deer where I'm hoping they are.

Congratulations! The Western back country is always beautiful this time of year! A great wealth of information on the bullets? Thanks for sharing! You almost needed a moose tag... I see the palmation starting!!

Thank you guys for all the congrats!!! I appreciate you all very much 🤘. Got 3rd season Colorado mule deer up next. Packing in again, for a 7 day hunt, as long as the weather permits and there's actually deer where I'm hoping they are.
Same here on 3rd season Colorado! Will be leaving soon. Hopefully weather will be decent. Good luck!

Nice buck. If you're from a lower elevation in California I gotta give you a lot of credit for back road hoofing it at those elevations. I'm guessing, but 8-10,000 feet. A group of us hunted the Douglas Pass area between Rangely and Grand Junction Co. back in another life time, and at 8,000+ it took a lot out of us. And I played B-Ball at Denver University... :) Pulled a nice 4 point (western count) from the area. Your post even got me to drag out some old pics and reminiss so thanks for that...

Nice buck. If you're from a lower elevation in California I gotta give you a lot of credit for back road hoofing it at those elevations. I'm guessing, but 8-10,000 feet. A group of us hunted the Douglas Pass area between Rangely and Grand Junction Co. back in another life time, and at 8,000+ it took a lot out of us. And I played B-Ball at Denver University... :) Pulled a nice 4 point (western count) from the area. Your post even got me to drag out some old pics and reminiss so thanks for that...
Yeah I live at sea level over here near Sacramento. I do a decent amount of hunting here at 8,000'+ before the out of state seasons start. But those first few days always leave me a little short on air haha. I killed a bull elk 11 miles in at 11,200' last year. That was a wild hunt haha

Yeah I live at sea level over here near Sacramento. I do a decent amount of hunting here at 8,000'+ before the out of state seasons start. But those first few days always leave me a little short on air haha. I killed a bull elk 11 miles in at 11,200' last year. That was a wild hunt hah

Yep I'm from the Sac area myself. Just a lot older... LOL Those first few days are a killer..

Recent Posts