“Notify Me When in Stock” Feature Online Retailers?

Yesterday I received an alert from Midway that one of my watched powders was in stock. They have all my payment and shipping info on file so I had IMR4350 purchased in less than 15 seconds. When that was done I went BACK into Midways sight, looked up IMR 4350 and it was gone.

This order is going to my older friend in Billings who has a hard time with on-line stuff.

Crazy stuff foe sure.

I've got several "notify me when in stock" alerts for Midway and other online retailers for reloading supplies. Have you all had any luck with this feature grabbing hard to get items?
I got an email from Midway on Saturday (2/27) notifying me that the Nosler bt 's my son uses were in stock. What's impressive to me was that there was a button in the email saying "ADD TO CART". I checked the senders email address , and yes it was really from Midway, not someone trying to trick me to get my info. So I hit the "ADD TO CART" button. Never had that feature before, it took me right into the cart where the bt's were shown along with my info, didn't have to log in. Now , I tried to add 4 boxes to cart, but the limit was 2. So "ol Larry " is rationing things so we all get a chance. Anyway, this was the fastest purchase I have made on items I requested to be notified when back in stock. Usually, from the time I read the email, get to the site, log in and get to the item, it/they are all sold out, AGAIN.
They then impressed me by mailing the items within 24 hrs.
So KUDOS to MidwayUSA / Larry Potterfield.

With Brownells I have had lots of success, gun parts and hard to find things for my business. the other suppliers I have I have had spotty luck. with retailers, I have had none. at least not so far.

I was in Midsouth's store yesterday, don't know what all powder they have/had, I saw orders waiting to ship, but no N570 instock, however they let me backorder both (1) 8lb. and (8) 1lb containers of it on separate orders so whichever comes in first they will contact when it is in. I really liked meeting the salesman too, he was very helpful and nice to deal with, and if you can pick up your order at their store you can save shipping.

At least for bullets, I have had good luck with Midway.

However, for the varmint bullets I have been limited to two boxes which is pretty useless when you need at least 500 rounds.

I've got several "notify me when in stock" alerts for Midway and other online retailers for reloading supplies. Have you all had any luck with this feature grabbing hard to get items?
Ya, I get them too but when I immediately go to order they are again out of stock!

I may be a needle in the hay stack. I have had luck with the Notify me feature. Wait, let me clarify. On 2 sites I have. Especially for being a truck driver night shift. I have lick with midway for the loading equipment and Grafs for the brass and projectiles. Matter of fact I got notified of the melting pot I wanted from Midway a few days ago. I ordered when I woke up to the email and Wifey brought it in this AM. I also got the alert from Midway for the brass I wanted, but didn't needed it due to the prior alert from Grafs that was in stick and ordered it from there and got ship notifications for it the other day.

On the other hand! It always seems that when I get powder, primer and different projectile notifications I have already ordered other equipment or components I need and don't want to disappear on me and my Mad money account is almost tapped!! So like the Awesome hubby I am I immediately go to the Wifey get on my knees, rub her feet and ask to borrow a tiny bit of of money out the main account. She says OHHH that's what this is lol. Rub More then yes you can!! I get happy finish up go to order and yes you got it OUT OF Stock!! So I set notification again lmao!! So after this long story I have had luck. Just not on all sites I sign up for. I will get an alert and by the time I read my mail it's already gone. From the time stamp I am usually no more then an 20-30 min late so it goes fast.

I am signed up for several non-powder and non-primer alerts since I live in AK. I have yet to have one notify me for brass or bullets, it I have seen them come in stock. On certain websites and I never got a notification that I had signed up for.

I have had good luck with the Midway notifications & been able to get bullets & dies. I haven't seen any for powder or primers, but I don't think it's because of foul play, just that they haven't received any. I think about 2 or 3 weeks ago I received an email from Larry telling me that the Remington primers on my notification list were discontinued & being remove from the alerts. Brownells has a similar system too but nothing from them. I've noticed a few people posting that they found lots of powder & some primers at BPSs & Cabelas so hopefully there is some light at the end of the tunnel.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.