zion unit utah

bubba41

hi guys has anyone hunted this unit for elk? my boy and i have cow tags with the ability to by any bull tag and hunt both . i just dont know if ????

Bruce is right - this unit is about 80% private property or National Park and the elk are on this property most of the time. I've hunted it for the last 15 years and only killed one elk. Access to the private property is almost non existent. I'm not trying to depress you, just wanted you to know the facts....

well thanks . i'm going to hunt the hogs heaven area hopefully we can see some cows . all i can do is hunt . 15 yrs any helpful hints

If you have the late tag then you may have a chance in Hogs Heaven - any earlier than that and the elk are mainly in the National Park. If you do not permission to hunt private property I wouldn't waste the money on a bull tag for the Hogs Heaven area. You could go hunt Cedar Mountain, around Navajo Lake, there is always a group of elk in that area and is part of the Zion unit. That area is National Forest.

thanks ! i'll be entering on the backside of navajo . where would be the best place for camp ie etc water and so on . i really appreciate this

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.