Ziess rapid z focus moves retical

lboom

When I push up and down on my zeiss rapid z 800 focus eyepiece, the retical moves up and down on the target and the zero seems to change. My first ziess rapid z developed after 500 shots or so the problem of going out of focus when the gun fired and came back in focus by tapping on the scope.Ziess warrented it after 60 days. Has any one else had this problem? Ziess does not have a locking ring on the focus so it is free to ride only on the threads. thanks

When I push up and down on my zeiss rapid z 800 focus eyepiece, the retical moves up and down on the target and the zero seems to change. My first ziess rapid z developed after 500 shots or so the problem of going out of focus when the gun fired and came back in focus by tapping on the scope.Ziess warrented it after 60 days. Has any one else had this problem? Ziess does not have a locking ring on the focus so it is free to ride only on the threads. thanks

That should NOT happen. I'd call Zeiss tomorrow and tell them that you had a bad scope before, and now you have another one. I bet they pay to have you ship that one back to Zeiss USA, and replace it with a new one.

Thanks that what I think but 2 in a row kinda threw me for aloop, I will call them tommorrow as I think it might be a inherent problem of the design.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.