Zeiss Reticles

nube

I just bought a conquest 4.5-14x50mm. I love the scope allready but have a problem with the reticle. It seems at long ranges that the reticle is too thick. I am using the german 4 and like the thick posts on the outside part of the crosshairs but the thin lines are still too thick at long range. Do any of you have the same problem? It would seem like it would be harder to get good groups with this as well.

Ziess primarily build hunting scopes where a heavier reticule is usually better as it gives better definition in low light. If you are mainly target shooting and prefer absolute accuracy then the croshair may be a better option for you but be warned croshairs are awfull to use in low light unless illuminated.

I have one in mil-dot, z-plex and the #4 you are asking about and i agree with you. Its great and I like it but you can't pinpoint as much with it as the others. The mil-dot works the best for taeget but the z-plex is probably the best all around reticle.

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.