Zeiss reliability/Quality Control?

TBuckus

Been looking at getting a Zeiss Conquest scope. I noticed that quite a few people have complained about floaties or other issues when they bought the scope and had to return it. It sounds like their cust. service is not as good as Leupold.

My question is;
Has anyone had a problem with their Zeiss later down the road if they got it without any problems?

I have had Conquest scopes since late 2008.....Never had any single issues with either of them. Zeiss has excellent customer service. I have emailed them questions before and gotten quick knowledgeable courteous and helpful responses everytime. I used to sell scopes at the outdoors store, and in my experiences dealing with reps, customer service, and which scopes got sent back with problems the most, Zeiss was one of the best. Swaro has stuck up CS. Schmidt is also snobby. Tasco has awesome. Leupold is good, but those were the most common scopes we had to send back for repairs or reacement. Not sure why, but that was in-fact our most sent back brand.

my buddy had the focus go out internally on his conquest and he sent it out to them and they sent him a brand new one, and he asked if he could change the reticle for a fee and they switched him to the mildot for free

Good to know about their customer service. That has always been a priority for me. I don't have a problem with sending something back if needed.

The posts I have heard have all been about problems when they received them or the rapid z not working with their caliber.

I have two, one for about four years. Never had a problem. There glass is pretty good for the money. I bought the firtst one second hand. I called Zeiss with questions. They sent me an owners manual for free and told me how to register it online.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.