Zeiss HD5 vs S&B Klassik

e2215431

Hi,

I'm considering a hunting mid range scope. Currently I have 2 contenders Schmidt & Bender Klassik 3-12 x 42 which has nothing bad I can think of, however I'm also looking at Zeiss HD5 2-10x42 and I have to say I'm not sure if S&B will be much better for twice the cost.

Unfortunately I can't find any retailer around with S&B so I can't even look at it in a store not to mention actual range time. So I would really appreciate if you guys can provide me with some tips.

I'm fine with features on both, I'm not looking for target turrets or ballistic illuminated reticles. My main concern is glass and build quality, I have no doubt in S&B, just not sure if its that much better. What do you think?

Backup plan is Swaro Z3 against HD5 or Z5 against S&B.

Don't be fooled by the cheaper pricetag of the Zeiss....They are phenomenal scopes. S&B fans will probably completely disregard the quality of the Zeiss and try to push you to the expensive scope. The Zeiss will do everything you need it to, I will just about bet.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.