Zeiss conquest vs Leupold MK4

I don't think one is any "better" than the other. I prefer the glass in the Zeiss, but on the down side there is less elevation to work with. The MK4 will probably be easier to set up, but if you set the Ziess up on a canted base or in Burris Sig. rings you can easily reach 1000 yds and beyond.

Pretty much a matter of personal preference.

Chris

I have both scopes Zeiss 6.5-20x50 w/z1000 ret, and MK4 8.5-25x50 mil-dot&TMR. I like the M1 dials and 30mm tube better. The MK4 is a little more expensive apx $400.00 more(retail). The Z-1000 ret is very busy and prefer the mil-dot system. For my money I prefer the Leupold MK4 scopes. I have 5 of these scopes if that shows anything. It comes down to brand preferance and what you want to do with them.

I'm running a Zeiss Conquest 6.5-20x50 with a 20 MOA base,#20 reticle to 1350 yards with my 338 edge. It is 4 inches high at 100 yards. I don't consider leupold glass to be in the same league as Zeiss but the leupold is still a very good scope.I don't use mildots,bdc etc range it ,click it,smack it.

20 MOA and I am right on at 1000 yards, I have about 36 moa to work with. But that is with my setup someone elses may be different.The zeiss has tracked excellent for me.

Which model of Zeiss?

The 6.5x20x50 has 45" of elev. @ 100 or 450" at 1000

The 4.5x14x50 has 68" of elev. @ 100 or 680" @ 1000

The other models I'd have to look up.

You'll most likely need taperd bases or Burris Sig. rings to get the most out of your rig. I've got one that took .015 worth of inserts in the Burris rings to leave me 37 moa come ups, another took .040 of inserts in Burris rings PLUS a 20 moa tapered base to get me 42 moa in come ups.

So many variables, ring spaceing, reciever truness, bases accuracy, you just can't be sure untill you get set up.

Chris

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts