Zeiss Conquest - target or hunting turrets?

sdowney

I'm about to order a Conquest 6.5x20. I'm primarily a hunter and am a little worried about the target/tactical turrets in a scabbard or on a sling whilst grinding around in the Rockies. I'm dial in long shots for elevation only, and then only above 500 yards. Seems like the hunting caps will be easy enough to spin off if and when the situation arises.

But, I have never seen or heard any coments about Zeiss hunting turrets. Are they user friendly in the field? Can you post a picture or at least your experience/impressions of the above. Thanks.

HPIM1131.jpg

Top one, Bottom one, and the blue and gray stocked one all wear Conquests.

As you can see I have tactical turrets on most everything. I have never had one turn when I didn't want it to. I've never had one in a scabbard, but I've had them just about everywhere else.gun):D

Chris

HPIM1131.jpg

Top one, Bottom one, and the blue and gray stocked one all wear Conquests.

As you can see I have tactical turrets on most everything. I have never had one turn when I didn't want it to. I've never had one in a scabbard, but I've had them just about everywhere else.gun):D

Chris

Mine wouldn't fit in a saddle scabbard

ElkHuntNewMexico2008062.jpg

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.