Zeiss Conquest Scopes and VMV

G

Could anyone who is or has used one of the high magnification variables please give me some feedback please?
Specifically the 6.5 - 20 Conquest?
Also any users of the 6-24 VMV?
Thanks in advance.
APB

aussie
I have 2 of the conquests in 6.5x20 one is on a 300 WM the other is on a 6.5-284.
The one on the 300 has about 125 rounds fired under it and it tracks very well. The 6.5 is still in the load developement stages so the scope hasn't been tested yet.
The glass in both conquests is outstanding, I prefered them over the Leupold, (just my opinion)which was the only other scope I looked at at the time.
Chris

The Zeiss Conquests where made specifcaly for the US market, they have excellent optics and are a high quality scope, certainly superior to Leupold. Now if Zeiss had only done thier home work they would have realised that shooters in the USA have long since discovered 30mm scope tubes. a conquest with a 30mm tube would be edging into night force NXS territory as far as sales go. Seems that all these European Optics folks are up front in quality but lagging behind in market trends.
I'm a S&B man my self.
Pete

And PLASTIC TURRET CAPS!!!! Great scope, but the turret caps suck..sakofan....
confused.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Now if Zeiss had only done thier home work they would have realised that shooters in the USA have long since discovered 30mm scope tubes. a conquest with a 30mm tube would be edging into night force NXS territory as far as sales go.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Conquest 3-12x56 MC

I'm with sakofan; what's up with putting crappy plastic turret caps on such a fine scope? I have a 4.5-14 and, as others have stated, chose it over the Leuy in a side by side comparison. In fact, I am so pleased with it I am considering putting one on my .22lr, and replacing a beloved IOR 4.5-14 with the 6-20 conquest.

"In fact, I am so pleased with it I am considering putting one on my .22lr, and replacing a beloved IOR 4.5-14 with the 6-20 conquest."

COBrad, Surely you jest my friend!!..sakofan..
grin.gif
grin.gif

APB ,
Are the Conquests available here ? I haven't seen them advertised .
I just bought a Leupold VX 111 6.5 - 20 x 50 with Varmint hunter reticle . Nailed a couple of young rabbits at 355m a couple of weeks ago when it was way too dark to see them with the naked eye .Was set on 20x too . I've had 8 Leupolds and keep coming back for more .

sakofan, the key word there is "considering". It will be next spring before I replace the IOR 4.5-14 with a higher magnification scope. First choice is still a 6-24 IOR. Do you know if the 30mm tube is going to be replaced by the 35MM in the IOR line?

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts