Zeiss Conquest on a .338 Lapua

herr1911

I won a new Zeiss Conquest 6.5-20 power with the rapid Z 1000 reticle in a raffle. I just happen to need a scope for my new .338 Lapua. I know this scope is pretty limited in adjustment range, and the reticle is more in tune with 308 ballistics. Should I give it a shot, or save the time and trouble and try to swap it off and get a Vortex PST? FYI I already have a 20 MOA base for the rig.

It is a nice scope, zero on the middle cross hair, forget the stuff above for now, it will still get you to 1000. Go to their site and play with the calculator, it will work for you. WE had a guy out today shooting rocks at 1000, first timer with that scope. You have to watch your zero and keep it in the center if you want to hunt game that way, it is a sfp scope, change power and changes impact on the z reticule. we where using a 300wsm. you have to play with it a bit to understand its capabilities

Decided to roll with the Conquest on my new Savage 110 .338 Lapua. What 1" rings should a person look at for a picatinny rail? Are the Burris Xtreme rings any count? What about the new Weaver tactical 6 hole rings? I was looking for something that would cover some real estate on the scope tube. Would I be better off with 4 smaller rings? Forget it, and run a pair of good standard rings?

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.