Zeiss Conquest no parallax number on knob?

drespecki

Just received my new Zeiss Conquest but noticed it had no yardage numbers on the parallax knob on the left side? Is this right? it starts with a 30 and has 10 hash marks and ends with the infinity....

I have a mark 4 , and I just located ranges in the field and marked my knob w/ tape. So if I am in timber and expect a 100 yrs shot I know where to set it. If I am speed goat hunting I roll at 400 and adjust as needed

Geez, you think they would at least give you a general point of reference instead of just a line..... Didn't Zeiss mark the knobs with number on older models?

I have a 4.5-14x44 rapid z 800. I agree its an issue that the parallax dial has labels for the 30 yd and infinity marks but in between are 10 marks with no labels. It's not a big problem when I have time to focus, but sometimes I want to be able to quickly dial in a known distance- its aggravating. All my other scopes with parallax adjustment have labeled adjustments

The older ones did have 100yd increment references. The new ones just have unmarked lines.

It seems odd to not have a general quick reference.....very hard to tell where you are unless you mark them yourself.

A general quick reference is of no real use.

So what if you set it on 100yds and a hog jumps out at 137 yds? At that point, you either have to look through the scope and adjust it, or just shoot and hope that your cheek weld is correct.

The easy thing to do while hunting is to set your scope to low power with parallax at infinity until you need to make a precision shot.

-- richard

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts