Zeiss conquest, leupold, or vortex under $1000

Longbullet

Taxes are back and I'm under scoped. Looking for a scope in the 4-14or16x50 range under $1000. My most importants are dialing strenght and optics 2nd. They all come with reticles to use for the wind, but leaning more towards leupold and zeiss. The only reason I haven't allready bought a leupold is the fact they don't have turrets one in the 4-14 power range from the factory.

I like Zeiss optics, but how do there turrets work? Are they dependable?

I own a vortex viper pa, and am having tracking problems. If I spend the extra $$ for an HS or a PST will I be upgrading in turret strength, and quality?

I own 3 leupolds and haven't had a problem with any of them. Varix 2, VX2, and VX3. The only problem is, nobody sells a scope in the 4-14x50 range vx2, or vx3 with target turrets. One thing about leupold that I like, is that they can do just about anything in there custom shop where others don't have that option.

What scope would you get?

Zeiss conquest 4.5-14x50 or 6.5-20x50 would be very tough to beat and would be my first choice, 2nd I would look at the Vortex Viper PST 4-16x50. I would get either of those before a leupold. The zeiss conquest that I shoot at long range have excellent glass and track perfect.

Zeiss conquest 4.5-14x50 or 6.5-20x50 would be very tough to beat and would be my first choice, 2nd I would look at the Vortex Viper PST 4-16x50. I would get either of those before a leupold. The zeiss conquest that I shoot at long range have excellent glass and track perfect.

Sent PM

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.