Zeiss Conquest 6.5-20 x50

dakor

I looked at this scope at cabelas again and I really like how clear it was. After playing with the scope for a little bit I realized that it does not have caps to cover the adjustments. I did notice on the top of them there was a screw. Do you just tighten that after you get your scoped sighted in? If not what keeps the adjustments from moving if you are walking through brush?

dakor
The screw on the top allows you to lift the turret off and set it back on so that the zero mark matches the hash mark on the turret tube.(same on the side) As far as movement in the feild, I own two of them and neither has moved unless I've turned it.
Chris

P.S. If your considering this scope look at e-bay. There is a guy called elkhunter777 that sells them reasonably. I picked up one for $650 and the other for $677.

[ QUOTE ]
I looked at this scope at cabelas again and I really like how clear it was. After playing with the scope for a little bit I realized that it does not have caps to cover the adjustments. I did notice on the top of them there was a screw. Do you just tighten that after you get your scoped sighted in? If not what keeps the adjustments from moving if you are walking through brush?

[/ QUOTE ]

That scope has no turret caps, which I think is cool, since I deplore the plastic caps on the Conquest. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
When you set your elevation to "zero", you will always have a reference in case you do happen to turn the turret by accident.

The chances of actually turning these turrets unintentionally is remote, but does happen...sakofan..Nice scope BTW.

FWIW, did you check The Optic Zones price on that Conquest? I find Jon's prices to better than most others, and it may behoove you to check. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Thanks for the info guys I did notice they turn pretty hard so maybe it won't be a problem. If I do decide to get this scope I will get it at cost since I know a dealer. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Before you run off and buy one, look @ how much adjustment it has. I think 40" elevation @ 100 yds and 25" windage. Not very much. I have one on my 300 RUM. Absolutly the clearest scope I have ever owned and I have shot Leupold all my life. With that being said, I am selling this scope and getting a Mark 4 Leupold because of the adjustment issue with this scope. If the Zeiss still appeals to you, you may want to look @ the 4.5-14x50. It has 68" elevation and 45" windage and still has the exposed knobs. Just something to think about.

Amen to the lower magnifacation version, especially to hunt with.
Mirage can be a real issue at those higher magnifacations...FWIW......sakofan....

I bought a 4.5-14x44 Zeiss Conquest on Ebay for $554. Great price and this power range in the Zeiss lineup still has lots of adjustment range. Of course I am sure you can get one for even less since you know a dealer. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Bill why would the windage matter at 100 yards if you use Leupold rings and bases? If you line the scope up straight it should not be a problem. I have not decided yet but I know that is the Clearest Scope I have ever looked through. I have had lots of Leupold scopes but I don't like how the eye relief changes on different power settings and they need some work in the adjustment department.

It doesn't matter @ 100 yds but when you get out to 1000+ yds you may start to run out of adjustment. A mildot could cure this problem though.

Bill, I was going to get the mildot scope because out to 700 yards they work well for my setup and I dont have to dial in the scope. So you do not like your Zeiss? Do you still have it?

[ QUOTE ]
So you do not like your Zeiss?

[/ QUOTE ]

I love everything about this scope opticly. It is clearer than any Leupold I've ever owned. It just does not have the range of adjustment I would like. We are thinking of playing with the 1 mile mark and this scope won't cut it.

[ QUOTE ]
Do you still have it?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, I still have it. It is not a mildot. It is going to be at least mid to late April before Leupold gets my other scope to me, but I would part ways with the Zeiss right now for $650 shipped to your door.

Thanks,
B.J.

i've been eyeballing that scope also.i have a swarovski 6.5x18x50 with 47" of vertical adjustment too.look at the burris signature rings with the posi-lign inserts and have it set at 100yd zero at the bottom of the adjustment dial.

[ QUOTE ]
look at the burris signature rings with the posi-lign inserts and have it set at 100yd zero at the bottom of the adjustment dial.

[/ QUOTE ]

Much easier said than done. I've been screwing with mine for 2 months trying to get it right on the bottom and haven't made it. It's either too high or too low. My impatient nature won out and I ordered something with more adjustment.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.