Zeiss 4x14x44 Conquest ZRF reticle

Discussion in 'Long Range Scopes and Other Optics' started by Long Time Long Ranger, Jul 13, 2008.

1. Long Time Long Ranger

Long Time Long Ranger Well-Known Member

Has anyone had any experience with this scope and the ZRF reticle. I found one dirt cheap on a closeout special and wondered if it was worth it. It has the target turrets. I know nothing about a ZRF reticle.

2. sscoyote

sscoyote Well-Known Member

The ZRF reticle is Zeiss's rangefinding reticle that's supposed to be set up for a deer. The only problem is that it's off to the side of the reticle's vertical axis. I'd much prefer my rangefinding reticles to be right along the vertical axis so they dbl. as a ballistic reticle like Leupold's Varmint Hunter or my favorite--the Rapid Reticle.

3. grit

grit Well-Known Member

My partner runs the 6.5-20. He is pleased. However, we haven't done a box test or power test. So, the glass is not bad and it seems to track well. The tactical type turrets are great.

4. Derek M.

Derek M. Well-Known Member

May I ask where you found one for dirt cheap?

5. Long Time Long Ranger

Thanks for the help. I also like stuff on the vertical axis for ballistics. Off to the side is clutter to me. I am a dealer and it is a dealer closeout I think for $539. If the optics are good and it tracks well I thought about giving it a shot. I have never tried the conquest but have ordered a few for others.

6. Derek M.

Derek M. Well-Known Member

I'd like one at that price if possible.

7. Long Time Long Ranger

Derek, I have decided against getting that scope because of the reticle. I could get it for you but you would have shipping to me and then to you. Got to be a dealer to get it at that price. I could get it when I have a larger order coming in and the shipping to me would be minimal.

8. ScottBerish

ScottBerish Well-Known Member

That is one helluva deal!!