Z6 Help Part II

pcww

Tried to post this before so here goes again. I have a .300 Win Mag on order. This rifle is for the dream hunts "before I die" namely on elk, sheep and antelope. I have narrowed my scope down to a Swarovski Z6 1.7x10-42. I would like to hear comments from owners of this scope and thoughts on this scope as illuminated. Thanks.

This is a long range site and that really isn't a long range scope.. You might try other sites.

The only thing I can tell you is that Optically these scopes are really amazing. But that's looking through one outside, not shooting or hunting with one.

I feel its best to plan for the worst conditions. Longer range, dawn, dusk and heavy shade. Unless the Swaro is really exceptional, which it surely must be, I'd think that 42 mm may be a bit small on the objective. Having said that, the lower power will make a big difference.

If your dreaming is as I think it is, your choice wouldn't be a bad one,

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.