You know, I was thinking that the primer shortage would be over by now ...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by dwm, Aug 31, 2009.

1. dwm

dwm Well-Known Member

Seriously, last spring/early summer I thought everyone would have stockpiled enough that primers would have become more available by now.

Boy was I wrong ...

Has me considering buying even more, although I have enough for a while. :rolleyes::D

This is bad! A primer recession!

Does everyone feel this way?

I suppose at some point everyone will have so many that the distributors won't be able to give them away.

I wonder how long that is going to take?

Last edited: Aug 31, 2009
  2. lazylabs

lazylabs Well-Known Member

I think it must be slowing down a little..... finding a few hundred primers here and there at Gander and such. I see a few bullets and powder at Bass Pro........ might be close????

3. justgoto

justgoto Well-Known Member

I can't get them locally but if I travel 50 miles or so to a larger hunting outlet I can.

4. A/C Guy

A/C Guy Well-Known Member

Years. Over 10 million firearms cold since Obamamania started. More people than ever shooting at the ranges, means more ammo consumed, = fewer primers for sale. Component sales are at the bottom rung of the food chain, the manufacturers make ALOT more money on ammo sales than they do on components. Plus more people are reloading than ever before. Just like $1.59 / gallon gas, cheap and plentiful components are a thing of the past.

5. jmason

jmason Well-Known Member

I feel the same way. I think I have enough stuff on hand to make it to this spring/ summer so I'm refraining from buying more as well.

6. JUDD

JUDD Well-Known Member

I got enough primers to darn near shoot out my barrel...now bullets that's another story I am now fresh out!!

7. Boss Hoss

Boss Hoss Well-Known Member

It will be over by the 1st of the year for the most part. Supply is already catching up with demand in some areas.