You gotta trust the pilot!!!!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by royinidaho, Jun 13, 2011.

1. royinidaho

royinidaho Writers Guild

Outstanding job by a great young pilot from Pennsylvania! Can't add anything else to this... the next picture is worth 10,000 words!
    If you don't think military pilots earn their pay, you need to take a look at this picture.

This photo was taken by a soldier in Afghanistan of a helicopter rescue mission.

The pilot is a PA National Guard guy who flies EMS choppers in civilian life.
    Now how many people on the planet you reckon could set the ass end of a
    chopper down on the roof top of a shack, on a steep mountain cliff, and hold
    it there while soldiers load wounded men in the rear. If this does not impress
    you... nothing ever will.

Attached Files:

2. ROBSTER

ROBSTER Well-Known Member

Awsome,
    Thanks for sharing
    robster

3. WyoElk2Hunt

WyoElk2Hunt Well-Known Member

Good picture, wish I had some of VIET NAM photos to share same affect.

4. HARPERC

HARPERC Well-Known Member

Who would ever think of such a thing much less execute it! Wow!

5. silvertip-co

silvertip-co Well-Known Member

I'm copying this amazing fotos and emailing it to my son. He's a Blackhawk mechanic in Central America(somewhere) and I know he will appreciate it. He served six yrs with 101st Airborne in Korea, Iraq, Afghanistan. Go Army

( You can also see why the military is going to 300 Win Mag and dumping the .223 pea shooter and .308 sniper rifles. Mtn to mtn is a long way )

Last edited: Jun 13, 2011
  6. MT4XFore

MT4XFore Well-Known Member

Great pic Roy! We have a lot of awesome military pilots in our various services. They seldom get enough credit. Thanks Roy.

Jim

7. ICANHITHIMMAN

ICANHITHIMMAN Well-Known Member

Oh I remember that pic when it was on the front pag of the AKO website I think its from 2003 near Tora Bora or Gardez. If you real want to see a cool one look for the pics of the DELTA guys straping them selves to the skids on the COBRA to get up the mountain at Tora Bora to get in the fight.

Thanks Roy