You ever buy a gun and were like why did I buy this gun!!!!

My sons and s-i-l all have AR15s and they thought I had to have one, and hounded me to get into one. I finally bought a stripped lower receiver and started picking up parts for it and when it was done didn't care if I ever finished it with an upper. Left it sitting in the safe for quite a while and was visiting my son who lives in WA. state and he took me to Ranier arms and talked me into one of their piston complete uppers. I have a bunch of money tied up in a rifle that I have no practical use for but I will say it is fun to shoot. I started reloading for it and found a good load but I just never shoot it. I have thought about selling it but I don't need another firearm at this stage in my life (getting long in the tooth). That gives me an idea! I might take it to a prairie dog town and have some fun with it. I have never had the AR fever but maybe that will give me case of it, who knows?

I am also guilty of the "ohh sh^* hitlary is going to ban them" crowd and have a few AR's in my safe that are unfired. One day I will cut my losses and give them away..

More sellers remorse for me, when I was in college I got a CZ550 in 375 H&H when the local sportsmans warehouse was going out of business so I got a good deal on it. Was offered $150 more than I paid for it a few months later and away she went :,(
Been looking for another one ever since

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.