Yote calls (electronic Coyote calls)

Discussion in 'Long Range Hunting & Shooting' started by ricka0, Feb 13, 2005.

1. ricka0

ricka0 Well-Known Member

Can anyone recommend source for yote calls? I used to have a tape of a squealling rabbit 20 years ago but lost it. Tapes, electronic callers,???

2. ricka0

ricka0 Well-Known Member

BTW - I'll be shooting dogs NW of LA 50 miles - or 50 miles west of Bakesfield CA.
    yote country
    Last time I was there I saw multiple 4 in a pack yotes with no fear of man.

3. Guest

Guest Guest

Not cheap, but the best deal going right now is the FoxPro.

www.gofoxpro.com

4. Thomas285

Thomas285 Member

Go to www.varmintals.com and click on varmint hunting and scroll the list. There should be plenty of calls there.

5. ricka0

ricka0 Well-Known Member

Thanks Thomas - Correct Varmit Al Earl
    I'm not spending $200 bucks from some low end proprietary hardware when all I need is a tape or better yet at Varmit Al's <font color="red"> SIX FREE COYOTE CALLING SOUND DOWNLOADS.... </font>

6. chris matthews

chris matthews Well-Known Member

FoxPro all the way!!!! Used 'em all and this is the cat's meow by far!!!

7. 7Rumloader

7Rumloader Well-Known Member

I have a caller that plays cd's i got for 70 bucks and bought one cd about 20 bucks then found varmintals and downloaded those calls and they work great! Save your cash for a new rifle or extra bullets for them no fear yodel dogs!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

8. Jimm

Jimm Writers Guild

I'm with Chris, foxpro with remote= dead whatever your calling /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

9. ricka0

ricka0 Well-Known Member

Thanks 7RUMloader - I've got all the RUMs except the 7mm - and that's probably the first one I should have bought. But that's the one I'm saving for now /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

10. 7Rumloader

7Rumloader Well-Known Member

No problem! When you get that 7 rum email me I have a couple of loads that might interest you! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

11. georges3

georges3 Active Member

Watch classifieds from a couple of competitor sites. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif Good deals /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif but ya gotta be fast! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gifGeorge

12. redneck coyote hunter

redneck coyote hunter New Member

this is the only guy on line that offers calls that you can down load from gun)

13. Gone Ballistic

Gone Ballistic Well-Known Member

Ricka0,
    Take a look on eBay.. There are all types of calls, tapes(old Johnny Stewart types) E-Callers, DVD's, CD's, etc.. Look on your search engine if you want to make a cheap e-call. I made one several years ago that worked quite well for about $25. There's free instructions on You Tube, as well, that show how to build them with a cheap MP-3 player. You can even make it work with a remote.
    I generally shoot over 100 Yotes, foxes and raccoons a year, along with a bobcat or two. I like to use calls that are different from the rabbit squeals that most hunters use. I use a FoxPro Fury e-call and an assortment of mouth calls. Sometimes I use a decoy as well. I have a call that I made from an old worthless duck call and a plastic funnel that has always been my Number #1 go-to call. I can howl as well as make all types of squeals and clucks with the reed half of the call glued to the funnel. I take different things like that along when I'm making long solo drives somewhere. I practice making different sounds consistantly. Then, when I'm out after yotes, I try them out. You wouldn't believe how well some of the sounds bring them in on a dead run. Those that don't get any action after trying out several times at different places I quit using. Let me preface all of this by saying that I only use them when my old standard ones aren't working. YOU WILL BE ABSOULUTELY AMAZED AT WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU'VE GIVEN UP ON A SPOT AND, BEFORE PULLING OUT, YOU TRY SOMETHING TOTALLY OFF THE WALL! I have been surprised on many occaisions when I first started doing this. I can honestly say after over 40 some odd years of predator hunting, nothing surprises me now.

14. J E Custom

J E Custom Well-Known Member

+1

In my opinion , They are the best and there customer service is second to none.

J E CUSTOM