Yo! Remington 25-06, why didn't you ship off to Army Basic Training?

Re: Yo! Remington 25-06, why didn\'t you ship off to Army Basic Training?

Yo! Remingtonman 25-06,

Being an old retired Army guy myself, and since you haven't replied to my several posts, I took it upon myself to do a little homework on you. Now, I'm trying to give you as much opportunity to bring your own story to out, since there are usually two sides to every story, but you seem to to be avoiding the issues. If you don't elaborate, I just might do it for you. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

I take the military very seriously and personally and I don't like to see fellow soldiers have their time wasted. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif

Big Al

ps. I will send a PM sent ASAP incase you care to respond off line.

GSSP,
Recently i swapped bullets with Remmy . I sent mine , and he sent his . His didn't come for quite some time , and because of this I was emailing him and not getting a response . Turns out that when he finally responded that he was doing so on someone elses computer as his home comp had crashed . He also stated that he wouldn't be posting here much because of that .

I decided to give benefit of the doubt and waited a few days more . Then the bullets arrived with a postmark matching the date he stated he sent them. they were sent regular mail and took over a week to get here .

This is my experience with Remmy , dont know anymore than that . My email is in my bio should you care to contact me .

Jim B.

I am not trying to tick anyone off here but I really dont see where you have the right to call Rem out on the board here. Whatever he is doing is his own business and it is his choice to respond or not, not yours. Maybe I am just taking this the wrong way but it sure does seem like you are trying to threaten him and I know that is not what this board is for.

You gave him to choice to respond to you offline, seems to me like you should have left this stuff there in the first place

Rem if you do read this you do need to get your butt back online. Not to respond to this stuff but so you can post some more pics of you hammering yote's way the hell out there!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

take it easy
steve

lerch,

I'm not trying to tick any one off either. I'm trying to keep this off line as much as possible. You are right, he does not have to respond. I don't have to be quiet about it either. I just want to make sure that if their was an injustice by Remmy, then I feel he needs to right a wrong. I'm also trying to keep it in the General section; as he did when he opened the whole can of worms by announcing his enlistment into the Army.

I've always appreciated Remmy's posts. To enlist or not is a very personal choice and I don't care either way. It's wasting the time and energy of many Army recruiters and tax payers dollars that gets my blood boiling.

I'll be out of town for a few days and won't be able to respond to anyone else.

Big Al

I just chickened out basically. I also looked at all my options and what not and just decided it wasn't the right time either. Dont exactly want to go to war.

Jim glad your bullets got there. Sorry they took so long.

My home computer crashed, so there'll be little psoting from me for a while. I shot a fox and a coyote the other day though. Fox was about 200, the coyote was about 100. Shot both of them with my .222 Rem. I got pics, but kinda hassle to post them on a computer thats not mine.

Sorry for the confusion guys.

[ QUOTE ]
Being an old retired Army guy myself, and since you haven't replied to my several posts, I took it upon myself to do a little homework on you. Now, I'm trying to give you as much opportunity to bring your own story to out, since there are usually two sides to every story, but you seem to to be avoiding the issues. If you don't elaborate, I just might do it for you.

[/ QUOTE ]

Discussions with a recruiter about the opportunities and risks of being a soldier are part of the process.
The educated decisions made from those discussions are serious and life affecting.
A possible recruit deciding not to go is legal and fair and the cost of doing business.

I feel that your research and threat were in very poor taste. His choice to not go may be based on a number of things that are not our business and may be things that he wants to avoid questions about. I know that sometimes I have to change my mind due to new circumstances that I want to keep private.

If Rem wants to open it for discussion then he alone should make that decision.

Remmy.

Not your fault the USPS has found another way to squeeze some more bucks out of us . This priority mail con is just that . Used to regular mail went faster , but in order to charge more thgere had to be a bigger gap between regular ans " premium " service . Well we have it , the gap that is .

There is nothing "chicken " about your choice to not enlist . Furthermore there is certainly nothing " chicken " about your response to this thread .

Shoot some bullets and tell us what happened .

Jim B.

Re: Yo! Remington 25-06, why didn\'t you ship off to Army Basic Traini

GSSP
Where do you get off? Give the man a little respect, will you? He don't owe you anything! You, on the other hand, do owe him something. I think an apology would be the manly thing to do. Then again you might be more comfortable attacking the poor guy in public, trying to humiliate him. Retired army? I figured one with such a title to have more respect!
This is a great site for friends and people of like interests to share knowledge and information, not a place to bash fellow LRH's.

Rem, I am proud of you for making a decision that you felt was right for you. It takes courage to take a stand sometimes and it takes wisdom to know what is right (or wrong) for you. If you didn't feel like the timing was right for you to sign up, by all means you made the right decision. As far as the recruiter goes, he will get paid his salary anyway. You don't owe anybody further explanation!

<font color="red">Ian, Len and Dave:</font> I'm sorry if I have over stepped my boundry here but I feel like GSSP is <u>way</u> out of line. I hope I'm still welcome here after speaking my mind but I understand your decision if I am not.

Personally, I think GSSP should get a month ban from the site and a stern warning for this behavior. Whatever 25_06's experience and decision with the Army is his business alone, and the purpose of this site (even General) is not to harass and intimidate other members.

Recruiters talking to people who never enlist, recruits who back out, and those who drop out of basic are part of the process. I'd much rather spend a little time getting the people who want to be there in than force people who really don't want to be there to participate and make things harder for the people who do want to be there.

I suppose we should keel-haul the 2/3 of Seal recruits who drop out of BUD/S too??

Guys, let's get back to long range shooting and hunting - please. Sounds to me like the young guy has been doing more shooting than I have lately, well done!

Dog Caller, I am sure looking forward to an e-mail from a special hunter... Can't use my puter for a couple of days tho.

First off, let me apologigize those who have a sensitive nature. I was wrong to bring to the "General Discussion" section, something of which I have strong feelings about.

I've emailed Remmy off line. I said my peace, explained my side of things to include what I found out, then wished him well.

4ked Horn,

I was a recruiter for almost 16 years. I enlisted 336 people. I know very well the nature, good and bad, of this business. As I stated, joining any branch of the service is a VERY personal decision, of which I care not if an individual decides to enlist or not. My beef was the waste of time, tax payers dollars and distanced driven, of which could have be focused upon someone dedicated to sticking with a decision.

Dog Caller,

If you only knew the REAL bravery of the decision Remmy made. And the recruiter/s who worked with Remmy, yes, they will get paid their salary; then they will have to turn around and continue to work the 70 hour weeks which ruins marriages and careers to find another person who will fill Remmy's vacated position.

ATH,

Forgive me if I'm wrong, is this not the "General Discussion" section? On other sites I frequent, General Discussion usually means topics other than the main theme of the site.

As far as recruits who back out, yes, I've had them. Some were ligite reasons, most were bogus and apathetic. Based upon what I learned, I feel Remmy made a decent decision. It could have gone either way. And, you're correct, I'd rather spend my time and energy on someone who wants to enlist and stick to their decision.

I've said my peace.

Apoligies to all.

Big Al

Al,
Thanks for explaining your personal interest - you are correct, we have that area for all sorts of stuff. But sometimes we have to take care because we have had some shipwrecks in the past that wasted a huge amount of time and energy. Appreciate your post, let's let this one go to sleep. By the way, sure would like to know where hobble creek canyon is

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.