Yeah Wyoming, you did it!!

"Basically, Wyoming flipped the middle finger to the federal government," Goldman said.

^^ That made me laugh pretty hard:D

The game and fish are holding public meetings this week on setting the seasons. The last I read the feds still have to aprove every thing. I havent seen when we can start shooting them legaly as preditors, hope its soon!

Is this not the second time? I hope it sticks. It'll be a hell of a milestone. It amazes me how willing some are to surrender rights and tolerate tyranny. There's a poll in the link asking if hunting should be allowed in national parks to control wolf populations. Supposedly 86% voted no.

The federal government really burns me up. It seems the constitution only applies when convenient....

Roy, I don't believe there are wolves in this country. Only coyotes....

Where have you guys been? The Bill was passed by the Legislature and signed by the Governor earlier last month. It immediately went to the Feds for the USFWS Director to sign off on it to complete the delisting under the ESA. The way the Bill is written the wolves will immediately be classified as fair game as predators similar to coyotes in most of the state. The only stipulation will be that if you kill one you will have to notify the G&F so they can keep stats on them. The Feds have until Sept 1 to sign off on it. That is why it will be October before hunting will be allowed with G&F licenses in the areas where they will be classified as trophy game animals.

The general ignorance of people about wolves are amazing. People call them a "keystone" species. What a load of crap. They are a predator. Just like Coyotes, Owl.. etc.

They're a predator alright and they're too good at what they do! That's why we need to start wacking away at them and get them under control!

I know the whole time I'm in Wyoming this Fall that they better not show themselves where I hunt because I won't even need a license to blast away once they are delisted!

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.