XR-100 scope mount base?

RDM416

I have a custom muzzleloader on order which is being built on a XR-100 action. Does the XR-100 use the same base as a Rem short action? Specifically I want to put a badger rail on it. Any info would be appreciated.

I believe its the same as the M600 receiver but not 100% sure. I am pretty darn sure that its not the short action M700 base though.

If I remember correctly, it may be a totally new base using the M600 specs but with two rear mounting screws instead of only one.

Lots of help arnt I!!!

Kirby Allen(50)

Kirby,

Thanks for the reply. If the end result is that nobody makes one, what is the chance I could get you to cut one for me out of a Badger rail blank?

By the way, I still have not gotten around to trying those 325s I got from Richard. Maybe today or tomorrow if it stops raining...

Someone makes one, I just can not remember who it is. I am pretty sure that the Rem XP-100 will fit on it but just not willing to say 100%. The one I fitted was sent to me by a customer and was a custom rail base. I think it may have been a NEAR base but not sure.

Kirby Allen(50)

Evolution Gun Works makes bases for alot of differant guns , I'm pretty sure I saw one for the xp-100. Their bases are made from Aluminum and are bare metal so your gonna have to paint it if you want any other color than aluminum.
The next best bet would be Glenn Seekins.

I think that the xp-100 is the same as the older 600 like kirby mentioned and if I'm not mistaken I think they ues the same base as the model 7

As a matter of fact , go to E-bay get to the scope mount section and use key work "picatinny" it'll bring up all the picatinny rails , EGW makes several and just click on one and go to their online store they have a 0 moa mount right now listed for $32.99 made for the XP-100

or www.egw-guns.com

I have an XR-100 and was trying to find a hi quality base and ring combo. they are not the same as a model 700 S.A. , it is the same as a Model 7 or an XP-100 with 4 screws.
I tried Near Mfg. and they told me they could make me a base in 18 to 24 mos. I then called Badger Ord. there ego was so large and knowledge so small it is not worth discussing. I then called Ken Farrell Inc. and talked to Dixie, she knew exactly what I was talking about and sent me the bases and rings that I had been searching for. upon arrival I was extremely impressed with the quality of the machine work and the exactness of the fit and finish.
UB
Ken Farrell Inc 660-438-9456

I needed a base for an XR-100 in .204Ruger in a pinch...Make that, "I was desperate to shoot the rifle after waiting 2 years for it and didn't realize a Rem SA base wouldn't fit"

So I cut it short, cold blued it and put a countersunk hole in it. It was supposed to be a tempoary fix, but it's still on it and works fine.

The rifle shoots into 1" @ 300 yards at the moment and I've only done a little load development.

While using the ladder method for load development I got some groups well under an inch at 300...

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.