XLR Carbon Chassis

ShowBob

Hey LRH. I'm a (fairly) new guy here, I've been reading posts on this forum for over a year now and thought it'd only be fair if I contributed what little I could.

I've seen the other XLR chassis reviews and they are all on point so I won't rehash what's already been said. I share the opinion that this is a great stock. The thing I'm not seeing enough of is the guy running the show over there. Kyle is an amazing guy to deal with. From the get go, he was nothing but helpful and accommodating. I let him know that I had a Stiller TAC 300 in 7 RUM project in the works. I had talked to AI about the magazines that I would need for the round and they let me know that I'd have to mill out the rib on a .338 magazine to keep from hitting the shoulder of the long cartridge I was using and I mentioned to Kyle that I'd have to have that done after I got them. He told me not to worry about it that he'd take care of it.. "Cool, how much will you charge for two mags to be milled?" I asked. No fee, just a magazine that works. No fee... really? More recently, I e-mailed him about an issue that I had with my cheek-rest. I was less than careful and drug it across the corner of something (?) in my vehicle and made a nasty gash through it. I let him know it was my fault and would pay for the replacement and shipping if he would be kind enough to send it. No deal. He just sent it without a charge. There was a hiccup with my address but it was cleared up and I received it within a few days of the correction.
It seems like more than not, nickel and diming people is what has become accepted and for XLR to take extra time to provide services and parts that were above and beyond what is normal was a breath of fresh air. Sometimes people and/or a business surprises a person. Sometimes it's a good surprise.

I'm not sure how else to show a business the kind of respect that they showed besides to share my experience and hopefully send a little business their way.

(The scope's just temporary till I can afford the March I want- don't judge me!)

Attachments

• _S9A3992.jpg
    _S9A3992.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 102
Oh boy, I don't remember off the top of my head royinidaho. I think when my gunsmith put it on the scale it was right around 8 pounds (if I remember right, I could be way off.) I'll take it out to the shop one of these days and see what we come up with.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.