xl, wide, flat boot help please

For WIW I have had good success in buying USGI WP combat boots and use them both hunting and daily all around use and have been very satisfied with them. Have yet to use them on a hunt in the mountains though.
I get size 14 or 14.5 XW or XXW.

But I will add my feet wear like iron (likely thanks to spending the last 30 years working daily 8-16hrs a day on my feet) and only once have I developed a mildly bad case of blisters due to allowing my feet to get wet due to wearing the wrong shoes for the application during a week of hard core turkey hunting in very steep hilly terrain. I mean you either were walking up or down steep hills seamed like the only flat ground we ever set foot on was were we set up camp. Weather had predicted much rain and I brought my 16" rubber Burlies and my feet sweat more than ever before or since resulting in the blisters.

Gave my feet a 24hr break and then went back to my leather breathable boots and after a judicious covering of mole skin my problems were solved.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.