X Bolt Hells Canyon Long Range in 280AI.

204_ruger

I ordered one the other say. I hope they are good rifles. They ordered a x bolt western hunter 280AI for another customer. I like the looks of the hells canyon long range 280AI. I had a savage 110 long range hunter 280AI on order for 4 months. Got sick of waiting and seen the x bolt. Planning on shooting a berger 168 grr vld. But was looking at the hybrid 180 gr also. Going to use it on whitetail.

I have worked with 2 of these rifles, 7rm and 30 nosler. Ended up having to rebed the 30 to make it shoot well. Otherwise nice rifles, but I would prefer the speed version.

Juts bought one myself in the Speed. Hope to get the scope mounted and sighted in this weekend. They are 8:1 twist. I've got some 140 accubonds and 155gr terminal ascents to try in it. Hope it likes one of them, kind of concerned about the 140s with the 1:8 twist though.

OP, how long did they tell you to get yours? Reason I ask is I know where some long range versions are that your dealer might could get.

Sighted mine in a couple days ago. Shoots sub-MOA with off-the-shelf Federal 155g terminal ascents. Didn't like the Nosler 140g accubond ammo quite as well still 1.5 MOA with it.

It barked for the first time in the woods this morning and coyote dropped in it's tracks.