Wyoming - Where it all starts - This is good

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by royinidaho, Feb 17, 2011.

1. royinidaho

royinidaho Writers Guild

Wyoming back in the day:

Attached Files:

2. Camshaft

Camshaft Well-Known Member

Thats freaking epic!

3. kcebcj

kcebcj Well-Known Member

Around camp at night the subject of being able to ride an elk has come up. That would throw a whole new light on elk hunting wouldn't it.

Maybe it's not so farfetched...... Thanks Roy that's a great picture.

4. ss7mm

ss7mm Writers Guild

Is that Roy in his younger days??? :)

5. J E Custom

J E Custom Well-Known Member

In this case , Eating your transportation wouldn't be to bad.

Also I would have liked to see him break the ELK in.

J E CUSTOM

6. trebark

trebark Well-Known Member

That elk turn his head far enough and you're gettin' smacked by a big antler in the side of your head!

7. bigngreen

bigngreen Well-Known Member

That's cool!! I can envision that ending badly if he got a bur in his butt over something!

I know you don't want to try roping elk when they get to be that size unless you want to practice your saddle bronc form :D

Last edited: Feb 17, 2011
  8. pitbull320

pitbull320 Well-Known Member

bigngreen I did that one year in the north fork of the bob marshell to a big cow as fast as the rope got tight that cow spun around and came straight up the rope at me I had a hell of a time geting my rope back that's wasn't the smart idea I had never agen she had that crazy look coming back up that rope

9. bigngreen

Ya, it's kinda one of those "hold my beer and watch this" kinda ideas! One does not expect that reaction but coming back up the rope seems to be what they do from my observations on the subject, the one I was involved in was a bull and we decided we didn't need the rope back real quick like :D

10. J E Custom

J E Custom Well-Known Member

I'm Afraid I would have to cut some of the tines off and turn him into a 4 point.

I have seen guys try to rope a White Tail and no good ever came of that, so I can't imagine
    roping an Elk.

J E CUSTOM

11. Forester

Forester Well-Known Member

Just how many beers does it take to make a man decide this is a good idea. A deer is bad enough...but an Elk? really? Maybe we could try roping wolves next:rolleyes:

12. sp6x6

sp6x6 Well-Known Member

I have thought about it also, while on the back of a beast with a brain as big as a walnut, I would pick a nice lead cow, as the saying goes. I am sure you have seen the C. Russel where they rope a grizz, can't rember the titlelightbulb

13. bigngreen

It actually doesn't take any! Guys on the back of a horse with a rope at hand are known to not be thinking straight at all times:D

14. royinidaho

royinidaho Writers Guild

I rode a round up on the "Big Onion" one year. Was riding by a spot where someone commented that "Boog" Morrison had roped a bobcat the year before.

The following story had me in stitches. The cat wrapped the horse in rope in several loops over the saddle and under the belly.

I wish I was a Charlie Remington to paint that picture.:D:D

There were enough guys with me at the time to prove the story's credibility.

And Boog was an old man when he did it.:rolleyes: