wyoming what time of year??

300 ultra

The unit I hunt starts oct 1st and goes through the month. Every year we are there for the opener and get in and get out with little notice. I am wondering though if I should try the end of the month this year. Its not a migration hunt but it does border indian land and a mountain range. what are your thoughts???early bird get the big bucks or wait and see what moves in..

You didn't say whether you were hunting private land or public, which can make a difference. Private land (as a landowner) works either way for me, public, you are probably gambling a little; on one hand, an end of the month hunt may very well be for naught as all of the ya-hoos have chased every living creature in the area for a full month. On the other hand, most of the ya-hoos are packed up and gone by the close of season, possibly allowing things to calm down...

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.