Wyoming deer region T

Mathewrrabon

My self my brother and my father all drew deer in region t. Has anyone ever hunted here? Outfitters or trespass fee? I can only find 1 outfitter in this area. Is there public access?

It's too bad you got that tag BEFORE doing some homework, as you have gone about things completely backwords! FYI that entire region is over 90% private ranches and the remaining land is mostly state sections that are landlocked and illegal to hunt without permission from the adjacent landowner. If you can't find a ranch or two that will allow you access for a fee at this late date my suggestion would be to eat the tag and not go out because you will be hard pressed to find a decent piece of public land that you can access legally. Good luck, as you'll need all you can get!

I did do some research. I don't think finding a place to hunt should be that bad. Even if I have to pay a tresspass fee. I been hunting out at pinedale and it took me bout 12 years to draw a deer tag there. I had 7 bull tags in 15 years and deer are hard to draw there. Time to find a second place to hunt. It will work

I did do some research. I don't think finding a place to hunt should be that bad. Even if I have to pay a tresspass fee. I been hunting out at pinedale and it took me bout 12 years to draw a deer tag there. I had 7 bull tags in 15 years and deer are hard to draw there. Time to find a second place to hunt. It will work

Then why are you coming on the net at this late date asking all these questions AFTER you drew the tag! You can have all the maps in the world for that unit, but if you can't find a ranch that will let you on for a decent hunt you are screwed! The limited public land and few management areas if they are renewed (updated information won't be up until next month on the G&F website) get overhunted. Sorry, but you asked and I tell it like it is and don't sugarcoat stuff when asked!!! PS: The first thing the G&F has on their website is to have a place to hunt before you apply for a tag in areas with an asterisk. Take a look at the area map in the book and check that area out as to what it shows for access! I hope you're also aware that your tag is only good for an antlered buck due to the low numbers of deer in that entire region.

It will work out. I have friends in Torrington and Newcastle that hunt deer there every year. I have no doubt that I can get a deer. Was just getting all the info I could and thinking of maybe paying an outfitter to make the hunt Easter on my dad. Just seeing what's out there, I'm not completely in the dark here

It will work out. I have friends in Torrington and Newcastle that hunt deer there every year. I have no doubt that I can get a deer. Was just getting all the info I could and thinking of maybe paying an outfitter to make the hunt Easter on my dad. Just seeing what's out there, I'm not completely in the dark here

That's good because it sure didn't sound like it from your initial posts. Good luck to you and your family and I do hope things work out for you!!!

They hunt on a place they call the range. Say there is some really good deer there but you have to get there early in the morning cause they only let in a limited amount of people per day. They also know some local land owners.

They hunt on a place they call the range. Say there is some really good deer there but you have to get there early in the morning cause they only let in a limited amount of people per day. They also know some local land owners.

Sounds like you'll be okay then! Hope you and Dad get some good ones!

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.