Wyoming area D, leaving Sat., Thoughts

RJ338

I am leaving for Wyoming saturday, Have area D tags and will fe staying in Encampment. Any thoughts on the Medicine Bow National Forest SW of there?

I was planning to hunt for mulies in area D after my antelope hunt in the Grass Lands. The weather scared me off though. Please post your results. I may be going back there next year.

Gordon
Niceville, FL

I was there early, for the first 5 days. From talking to the biologist at a check station I found that this area is wintering grounds for deer from the Colorado high country. Also most is heavily timbered in the National Forest and the more open Aspen-Sage slopes are inaccesible behind private ground. The ones on public property are pretty hard hunted. Not the highest population of deer I have seen. Do some checking and look at some of the local outfitters.
Randy

Thanks for the info. I'll plan accordingly for next year. Maybe I should look elsewhere for a mulie hunt.

Gordon
Niceville, FL

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts