Wyoming Area 98

magnum12

Hi, new to the forum but not to hunting and am considering putting in for next years elk draw for Area 98. I was wondering if anyone can give me an idea of what the terrian is like and where I should start looking. I have been given a few suggestions but one looks like it will be real close to the area where a guide is required and the other has grown quite crowded.

Area down to west and south is open and rolling but most of Elk are going to be in Wilderness area unless snow brings them down. Where are you from? If you live in Wyoming you won't need a guide.

Unfortunately I'm from CA so I would need a guide. Are there any areas you could recommend that doesn't take a life time to draw?

There will be leftover tags in 97-1 that go on sale July 6th but here again most of this area is wilderness and tough hunting. I hunt this area a lot and have real good luck. a lot of the area down low is not wilderess but can have more hunters.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.