wyatt's detachable mag ?

backyardsniper

I am looking to install a wyatts detachable mag system on a rem 700 5r in 300 win mag i will be using the standard long action not the ultra mag version unless someone here can tell me if that one will work with a 300 win mag my question is what is the maximum internal lenght how long of an OAL can i get away with. i LOAD 210 bergers to about 3.595 just off the lands i will be using it in a bell&carlson A5 will this work

thanks

The SAAMI spec for 300 RUM COAL is 3.600". That's .005" longer than what you're loading for your 300 WM.

I'd contact Wyatt's and ask to be sure. But, it sounds like you should go with the mag box for the RUM if the cases will feed properly from their clip.

-- richard

The wyatts mag system works excellent, feeds like a sewing machine. I had to do a little work on the adjustable cheek piece on the stock with a dremmel so i could remove the bolt without lowering the cheek piece and to allow the bolt to fully retract for proper feeding with the mag system. The bell and carlson stock is very comfortable and works well. I recommend you call rifle basix. Go to Rifle Basix, Custom Bolt-Action Triggers and get their # you will most likely talk to clay their customer service is great. I got the ERV_K trigger it is adj 4-20 oz I called him and had him set mine at 10 oz. If you are shooting the 300 win you will need to put some clear nail polish or loctite over the adjustment screws when you put the trigger in or the 300 will beat it out of adjustment, it did mine but i called clay back and he told me how to readjust it i put nail polish on them and it has given me no problem since. I am shooting 210 bergers with 68 gr Rl22 very accurate but a little slow I'm about to try rl25 or h1000 with the 208 amax but anyway i am getting very sub moa 1/2" or less at 100 and routinely 2-3/4 to 3" groups at 400 not bad for a factory barrel and chamber.:D

I just purchased a 5 rounder and have two 10 rounders. The internal OAL for the magazine is 3.700". I have a brand new 10 rounder that I would trade for another 5 rounder if anyone wants to trade.

I got a 338 LM/RUM magazine with custom Wby Mark V metal.

The mock ups for my 338 Edge work fine but I'm sorry, I don't remember the max COAL. I'm pretty sure it's betweeen 3.75 and 3.82 as all my notes on possible loadings are for those two COALs.

I need to stop by the smith to see if he has started. If not I may switch gears on that build.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.