Wyatt Gunsmithing

Desert Fox

Anyone here have custom rifle built by Kevin Wyatt. How's his work? Any info is appreciated.
Thanks

Yep! That one. Talk to him on the phone, very knowledgeable and pleasant. I'm thinking of having him built my 338 Lapua. Thanks for your info.

Good experience with Wyatt

I had a custom builder make me a 338 Lapua and it took 3 years because he had a stroke during the construction...needless to say, when I got it there were several problems with the chambering, feeding and extraction...I didn't know what to do so I contacted the maker of the chamber reamer and sent him the reamer thinking it was out of spec or something. He mic'd it and found it to be true to spec ao I asked him if he knew anyone that might look at my rifle...without hesitation he recommended Wyatt...I contacted him and he was very courteous...I don't know if you understand what problems can arise if you try to fix somebody else's mess, but Kevin was very courteous and said to send it to him and he would look at it. I did and he correctly diagnosed the issues and promptly fixed them and I got my rifle back in about 3 weeks...It has performed very well ever since then...I cannot say enough good about Wyatt and his work...and he makes that cool extended magazine box...I recommend him highly.... 30-338

Thanks, 30-338. The same impression I have after talking to the guy. Is your rifle built around Remington 700 action? Thanks, DF

Last edited:
Yes...DF

Yes my rifle was built using a remington long action. The rifle started out as a .270 and the original gunsmith opened up bolt face , etc...seems to work great. I have put approx 300 rounds through it and it shoots great. The barrel is a Krieger 28 1/2 inches plus a removeable muzzle brake and the stock is a McMillan HTG . I put a Jewell trigger and Williams bottom metal..all in all a nice project..now I want to build a .408 Chey Tac...go figure 30-338

Looks like a nice rifle. What kind of velocity you're getting on that 28" Krieger?I have a 30" Rock 9.4 twist in AMU contour. Kind of heavy up front. I probably gonna have it fluted or recontoured to remove a few ounces. I'll be using an A-5 and William bottoms also. I'm with you there on the Chey-Tac. I'll wait after I build this one. I probably have Viersco build me a 375 Snipe TAC.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.