WY Unit 64 Camping

ryan farrell

Hello Everyone!

We drew unit 64 for Doe/Fawn antelope this year and are planning on staying in our toy hauler. I was wondering if anyone has any recommendations as to where to set up a base-camp for the toy hauler. I know trees are few and far between out there, but it would be nice for someone to point us in the right direction to where we can find some shelter/hanging trees and area for the trailer. We will be using a UTV on the established roads, so this will likely be a base camp for a 2-day period. We are hunting the very last weekend of the season for doe antelope for the freezer, so we are not picky at all in terms of antelope.

Thanks for any suggestions, and good luck to everyone this fall!

-Ryan.

I'm afraid you're not going to find may trees in Antelope country unless you fond some cottonwoods along a creek bottom.

Best figure and plan for no trees.

But don't let that discourage you from camping. I love camping on the prairie. Listening to coyotes at night, tons of stars.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.