WTT Scope Burris Black Diamond 4-16 30mm

Discussion in 'Optics For Sale' started by huckjare, Jan 18, 2012.

1. huckjare

huckjare Well-Known Member

I have a Burris Black Diamond scope I would like to trade. I am open to pretty much anything but need a different scope. I would like one that either has a turret or one that can be installed like a Leupold VX-3. This Burris is the 4-16x50 with the 30mm tube with the side paralax/focus with mil-dot reticle. I am including the standard Leupold rings with the scope. I would really like the scope to have a side focus but that is not 100% necessary. I would also trade for rifle of some sort. Let me know what you have and we'll see if we can make a deal. Thanks.

Jared

Last edited: Jan 18, 2012
  2. Browninglover1

Browninglover1 Well-Known Member

What reticle does the scope have?

3. Quackshot

Quackshot Well-Known Member

PM sent

4. huckjare

Sorry. It has a Mil-Dot reticle

5. tkelkhunter

tkelkhunter Active Member

Huckjare, If you like the scope why don't you send it back to Burris and have it retro fitted with target knobs(80.00). Then have Kenton industries custom make a ballistic turrent for it. (109.00)

6. huckjare

Burris doesn't put those turrets on the 4-16 power. I've been emailing them for a week now and finally got a response. I love the glass but really want a turret.

7. tkelkhunter

tkelkhunter Active Member

My brother just had that scope done. Burris will retro fit the scope with target knobs. Kenton will take it from there. If you want to talk to him his scope is still at Burris. let me know.

8. huckjare

PM sent. They can't do it on the 4-16. The others they can.

9. Browninglover1

I talked to a customer service rep less than a month ago that told me they would do it on my 4-16 Black Diamond and turn around time would be around 6 weeks. They can't put the XTR turrets on it, instead they install the Tac-2 turrets. Maybe that was your confusion?

10. huckjare

The rep said that they don't have the bearings anymore and they will not be getting any more in to do the conversion.

11. Browninglover1

That's good to know. Doesn't make any sense to me as to why they wouldn't use the same bearings for all the conversions. hahaha

12. huckjare

My thoughts exactly. I even asked the guy if he had any spare parts just laying around by chance. He said no. So if someone needs an awesome mil dot scope this is it. The Black Diamond scopes have excellent clarity, especially with the side paralax adjustment.

13. huckjare

Scope has been traded. Thanks