• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED WTT: Marlin 1894CL in 25-20 Winchester -Done I found one!

Dave King

I'm searching for a Marlin 1894CL in 25-20 Winchester. The rifle must be the newer production series ~ 1989-1994, not the early 1900's model.

If there is one in a gun shop I'd buy direct from the shop and offer a finder fee to the locator.

Must be a rifle in the U. S. of A.

I have the below rifles, I would consider trading one against the Marlin and perhaps a few tidbits providing it is in excellent shape.

These rifles are pre-ban Colts. I believe I have the original (as I recieved the rifle) collapsible buttstock for the Sporter II.

These rifles have been used a bit but not abused, they are in good shape. The value of these rifles would be more than the value of the Marlin but I don't shoot these much so I offer them first.

1)"click" for Hi-Res

2)"click" for Hi-Res

3)"click" for Hi-Res

I have other rifles that I might consider offing in trade, each rifle I would offer would be valued far greater than the 1894CL 25-20 Marlin and I'd need extras or several Marlin rifles, 218Bee, 32-20Win, 44 mag, 41 mag, 357 mag, 25-35 Win, 45 Colt, 44-40.

If there is an interest I'll post pictures of the others I might consider as a partial trade.

Offers, ideas, comments welcome

Re: WTT: searching for a Marlin 1894CL in 25-20 Winchester

Matt27

Thanks

I have seen both of these but thought I'd try the LRH forum folks and their personally know contacts before buying from a complete stranger type. I'm trying to avoid the "I wish you'da told/asked me first!" thing. (Just being neighborly I guess.)

Dave

Understand. Good on you.

Here's another rifle I'd consider trading. I'd like to keep the scope but thats not hard and fast either.

This is a G-A Precision 300 WSM built on a stainless Remington 700 SHORT ACTION, this rifle has a J-Lock. The action was purchased new and was originally a 300SAUM to aid in rail configuration and feeding.

The bottom metal is Badger Ordnance, I don't recall if the barrel is a Schneider (more probable) or a Mike Rock, in either case the rifle shoot extremely well. Barrel length is ~25.5 inches.

The recoil lug is Badger Ordnance

The rings and bases are Badger Ordnance

The scope is a Leupold 6.5 x 20 30mm Long Range type with MK4 turrets from Premier reticle with GenIII Mildot First Focal Plane (FFP)(the reticle appears to shrink and grow with the power setting).

The sling swivels are Wichita and there is an extra stud in the front for a bipod. The sling is from Mike Miller at Tactical Intervention.

The Eagle Stock pack will go with the rifle (it still has a little Alberta muskeg on it).

I've carried this rifle on a few hunts and on one hunt I rode 4-wheeler about 100 miles total with this thing slung across the front of my body... The finish on a portion of the bolt handle is thin to gone due to this finish wear testing (my chest healed nicely, thanks for thinking of me /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif.

I only shoot Lapua 155 Scenars and Sierra 175 SMKs from this rifle and the round count is probably 200 or so.

The stock is a McMillan A5.

This is a fairly heavy rifle, and as seen here its 15.75lbs.

I have some pictures of groups I've fired but I don't know where they are just now. The load I use pushed a 155 Scenar at ~3150 to ~3175fps. I've shot clay birds with this rifle to just beyond 1000 yards. This load is ~.5MOA with a good shooter.

The Harris bipod stays with me (I like this particular one)!

crown-300wsm-large.JPG

1)"click" for Hi-Res

2)"click" for Hi-Res

3)"click" for Hi-Res

4)"click" for Hi-Res

5)"click" for Hi-Res

6)"click" for Hi-Res

( Geek Tip!

The HiRes photos will adjust to the size of your pop-up browser window. IF you take this browser window (IE) to full screen mode then mouse-over the hi-res image a smallish square will appear in the bottom right corner, click this "expando - contracto" box to make the image assume actual proportions.)

A fella I know in Texas has located one in unfired condition!

Thanks for the assistance.