• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED WTS/WTT v.Sarasqueta shotgun action

Surveyor

I got this Victor Sarasqueta 20ga SxS action in hopes of using it for a double rifle build:

saras1.jpg

Frankly, its too nice for the type of work I do and I don't know when I'll ever get around to giving it the time & attention it deserves.

Obviously, no barrels, but the forearm with all hardware is included.

The stock has some marks on the finish, but the checkering looks great, and the case coloring is beautiful, as is the metal engraving:

saras3.jpg

saras5.jpg

The action has all the necessary proof marks, and is stamped "magnum" - I assume to mean that it was proofed to 3" 20ga shells originally.

YES it has a Greener cross bolt.

YES it has two underlugs.

YES it has ports on the breech face to vent pierced primers, and

YES the strikers form a seal to prevent venting into the action. (Not really "bushed" but the firing pin assembly is a closed system)

(sideplate removed to show striker group)

saras2.jpg

saras7.jpg

saras4.jpg

$375 + shipping to FFL.

I am pretty sure that this is not one of the higher grade V.Sarasquetas, but probably one of their premium models they made for Stoeger as an import series. I can't find any info where they made a Sterlingworth sidelock for an importer, but given the magnum stamping, I assume its a model made in the latter years of the company, when they were making guns for Stoeger. I've been wrong before though.

Regardless, it all looks great, and functions appropriately from what I could tell without having barrels to work with.

I will consider trades, credit given for:

AR magazines
bullets for 357mag/222rem/30-06/44mag
other guns or savage actions but would prefer local trade on those
whatever?

if you do millwork, I need a monoblock made for a Zastava shotgun action and would trade in part for that.