• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED WTS/WTT Small Shank .300 RUM Setup - SOLD

406pat

Moved to correct forum

Okay all, here's the deal. I've decided that I want to turn my shooting attention to competition. I'm keeping one hunting rifle in the stable and for my purposes the old .270 is beating out the new .300 RUM that I finished up a couple years ago. Kills me to do this but I'm just not going to have the time and funds to give this setup the attention it deserves. I'm looking to sell everything as a lot as it would be a perfect long range hunting starter kit for someone with a Savage or Steven's action. To your door for $400

Here's the goods;
1. -Shilen 30" #S7 contour, Select Match Stainless Steel, 1 in 10 twist barrel chambered for .300 RUM with 291 rounds down the tube. This barrel is threaded for standard small ring Savage and Steven's actions.
2. - 69 Berger 210 Grain Hunting VLD's
3. -RCBS FL die set with a cartridge case that I modified to use as an OAL gauge

4. -Savage 110 magnum bolt head
5. -Allen 14 round ammo carrier with belt loops
6. -88 Remington .300 RUM cases
a. 18 fired twice – sized, trimmed and primed with CCI Magnum Primers (Marked with a 3 in blue Sharpie)
b. 10 fired three times – sized, trimmed and primed with CCI Magnum Primers (Marked with a 4 in blue Sharpie)
c. 20 fired 3 times – not de-primed (marked with a 3 in blue Sharpie)
d. 40 fired 4 times – not de-primed (marked with a 4 in blue Sharpie)
7. -3 – 22 round smoke colored MTM Case-Gard shell boxes

Load development was very easy and very successful with this setup. The pictures below show a 3 shot group at 300 yards measuring about an inch across and two shots touching on a 300 yard gong.

There's well over $550 invested in this setup. I'd like to keep it all together for now so I'm going to list it all at a price of $400 to your door. If I don't have any takers in a few weeks, I will part it out and sell separate.

For trades, I'm looking at getting into Palma with this action and need a good .308 barrel. I'd consider a barrel with a reasonable round count as long as it was threaded for a Small Savage, had a 2" long, 0.75" tennon on the end for a sight and was a minimum of 30" long. I'd prefer an 11 twist but I'm open to others. Other considerations would be competition sight sets, front or rear.
Thanks for looking!
-PJS
P1010221.jpg
Group at 300. Shots 1 and 2 to the left, than scope adjusted

P1010223.jpg

Gong at 300
P1020484.jpg
All the goods
P1020485.jpg
Brass, boxes and bullets
P1020486.jpg
Bullets, dies and ammo carrier