• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED WTS, Stnless, M-70, 338 Win Mag: LIKE/AS NEW !!!

michael sr

$1,035 ship'd / insured in a hard case, lower 48.....

I'll post pix's later but since this Site SUCKS about being able to edit-when-necessary, if I can't get the pix's posted here I will provide a link where pic's can be seen...

""This is a New Haven model 70 with the Black synthetic stock. I bought off the shelf from Scheels a number of yrs ago and I have 'n-e-v-e-r' fired it because of my custom stainless Ruger in same caliber. On March 1st/2013, I had my tables set up by Noon for the Hasting, Nebraska gun show opening on 2nd & 3rd of March; one of the outstanding gunshows in our area that I have been attending for the last few year's. About 2PM on that Friday I got a call on my mobile: a medical emergency [via ambulance my wife was being transported to the UNMC hospital from Henry Doorly Zoo] so I had to get back to Omaha. In my haste to load up I forgot the box and papers for this rifle. I selected FACTORY NEW for Item Condition because it is, even though I am the 3rd owner: NewHaven-->Scheels--->Me! This is a nice M-70 and it will surely appreciate in value, more so than the current production Winchesters. Buyer will have access to ""all""[quite abit: over 400+ rounds of ammo(I do not reload for the 338!) & over 400 once fired cases + new brass]. And I will offer that 'buyer' prices on the 338 stuff which can not be """TOUCHED""" OR """MATCHED""" BY ANY seller or AMMO MANUFACTURER by todays current prices.

Perfect elk rifle. BTW, this site is very easy to post pics and edit.

Perfect elk rifle. BTW, this site is very easy to post pics and edit.
-------------------

I agree... of course about this caliber being the quintessential Elk Caliber BUT [unless there has been recent changes in formating ] editing -to clarify or add significant information- after 24 hrs is impossible....which just sucks and drive's me to a Metamusil drinking binge!

And not only that but after a few days of being signed in 'here' ...even tho I check the REMEMBER ME BOX....I have to re-sign in every few days and the Metamusil cycle starts all over... :eek:(

Well you can always just post another message to your thread... And your sign in situation... Umm just sign in again? Lol

Great caliber and good luck selling.

-------------------

I agree... of course about this caliber being the quintessential Elk Caliber BUT [unless there has been recent changes in formating ] editing -to clarify or add significant information- after 24 hrs is impossible....which just sucks and drive's me to a Metamusil drinking binge!

And not only that but after a few days of being signed in 'here' ...even tho I check the REMEMBER ME BOX....I have to re-sign in every few days and the Metamusil cycle starts all over... :eek:(

Well it is what it is.

I have an winchester m70 xtr 338 win mag and boy does it do the trick for elk and bear!

Definitely gotta love the larger magnums!!

deb816304c06809459aee7a0dab31ed5_zpsee303d68.jpg

14e83ef149100123e73a0ac2d279fa20_zps4a32f3a0.jpg

b3cabdf2fcb5812b607b5d727cf1282e_zps251296de.jpg

544d2f75a4ca4189d222680afbe1f3c4_zps16a330c5.jpg

------------

Eat your hearts out.... :eek:)

500 a record 2-days and had to sign in again...but as u said: it iz what it iz....

Last edited:
I think your issue is with your computer settings. I've been a member for a couple of years and have never had to sign in again.

Wow, it's not understandable why this rifle has not garnered interest, from what I recall -accurately or not- not many CRF, ST-STL rifles in 338Win-Mag were made by the NewHaven plant before shutting down.

It's not like the new models in any caliber will appreciate in value like this one will.....