WTS Savage BVSS 22-250 Barrel

Discussion in 'Gun Parts - Stocks, Barrels, Actions, etc.' started by AceRoth, Mar 13, 2013.

1. AceRoth

AceRoth Active Member

Savage small shank barrel for sale
    It's off a BVSS so it's heavy varmint contour (.8 at muzzle), stainless, fluted 26".
    I have not shot it. Bought it as a complete rifle from a trusted seller who says low round count and says it shoots good.
    I have not measured twist but to my knowledge, Savage has only ever made these in a 12.
    $190 shipped.

2. nonnieselman

nonnieselman Well-Known Member

Where are you located?

3. Bull45cal.

Bull45cal. Well-Known Member

Is the barrel still available?

4. AceRoth

AceRoth Active Member

22-250 barrel is sold. The. 223 small shank (also .82 at muzzle, but this one is blued, not fluted, $115 shipped) is still available.

5. branwill25

branwill25 Well-Known Member

Hello, are you interested in any trades for the 223 barrel? Thanks

6. AceRoth

AceRoth Active Member

Whatcha got? Can't think of anything I'm dying for right now but happy to hear offers.

7. acloco

acloco Well-Known Member

PM sent - 223 barrel = sold if a 1:9 twist or faster.

8. AceRoth

AceRoth Active Member

Second time I've been asked about twist. I believe it's a 9 because it shoots 55s well and because I don't think Savage ever made anything slower than a 9 in 223. I will see if I can measure tonight.

Also - full disclosure, I bought this as part of a complete rifle without asking about round count because I had a shilen select match on order. Got it and found in about 30 rounds of playing with it that it shoots real good (3/4" with the only handloads I tried) but you have to seat long to get into the lands which leads me to believe it has been shot some. Tried to make the price reflect that.

I have gotten two "I'll take it"s but neither had full info. Next reply or PM saying "I'll take it" gets it.

Sorry for the incomplete description the first time. I had been meaning to post this with a proper description and maybe photos but hadn't gotten around to it until Bull posted in response to the stainless 22-250

9. Cowboy_coffee

Cowboy_coffee Active Member

Savage actually had a 12 twist out for a while

10. AceRoth

AceRoth Active Member

223 Barrel is now sold as well.