• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED WTS:Pre-64 Winchester short action stock

Is anyone interested in a pre64 walnut stock for a win short action--i think it came off a 243--a shooting buddy was having a yardsale and wanted rid of the stock, so i figured somebody on here may have a need for one--it is in good functional shape other than a split down the right side--it was professionally repaired awhile ago and seems like the original finish, and good checkering.

it is also missing sling swivels, but that can be fixed by a trip to walmart.

How much is this worth? perfect ones go for a couple hundred, but the split has cut the value a lot. make an offer

If anyone is interested, i can send detailed pics.

let me know--email me at [email protected] -->take out the X's

thanks,
JB

then what action were the 243's on?

JB
confused.gif

jb1000br,

My Pre-'64 .243 is on the standard length Winchester action with a modified box. That's how they handled it as far as I know, the box was adjusted for the cartridge.

Regards.

What is the distance btwn your front and rear action screw (center to center)?

I will try to measure mine and get back.
Thanks,
JB

jb1000br

The hole spacing between the front and rear guard screws is 7.5" on pre-64 and post 64 (long action) M70s. Even the 22 Hornet was a factory chambering on the pre-64 M70s full size action. The short action came out later in the post-64 actions.

--Dan