• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED WTS or WTT Winchester Model 70 338 win mag

fishbone821

I have for sale or trade a Winchester Model 70 classic 338 win mag. This rifle started out as a classic sporter but I replaced the wood stock with a HS Precision synthetic stock. This particular rifle is a New Haven model with CRF and 26 inch barrel. Currently wears a leupold VX-2 in 3-9x40 with the long range dots. I have put one box of shells thru this gun and it shot the 225 grain accubonds sub-moa. Only reason for selling is because I am looking for something a bit lighter for wilderness hunting. Would like $1000 shipped to your FFL or trade for another model 70 in 300 win mag or WSM. Can email or text pictures. Thanks.

Here is my ph. # I'm very interested in the gun. I wolf like you to send some pics of it. What is the weight of the gun. Does the scope come with? And I'm sure I would be able to tell in the pics but does it have a muzzle break and if so what kind?

338 #1.jpg
338 #2.jpg

No muzzle break. Weights about 8.5 pounds but that's just a guess. It isn't ridiculously heavy. Recoil isn't what you would expect in my opinion. I have no problem shooting it from a bench. Willow man, I tried sending pics again but I don't think you are getting them. I can send more to an email address if that works better for you. Thanks.